Learn to paint a city in snow
In Urban Winter: A Snowy Scene in Watercolour, we’ll cover all the steps I use when I’m sketching an urban winter scene on location. We’ll start by looking at what makes this a great composition. We’ll warm up by painting some colour swatches and a fire hydrant in snow. Then we'll paint the full urban scene in winter, starting from the big shapes of sky and houses, and ending with a big, bold wet-in-wet shiny road.
I’ll give you the same reference images as I’m using, so you’ll be able to draw and paint right along. Plus, I’ll share my favourite colour mixes for both fresh AND slushy snow. When you’re done, you’ll feel confident going out on a sunny winter day to sketch your own urban scene.
If you love to paint in watercolour and want a step-by-step process for improving your urban winter scenes, this course is for you. You'll learn how to:
· Analyze the composition and take your time planning and drawing in pencil
· Choose a harmonious colour palette that’s perfect for a sunny winter day
· Paint the big shapes first and save the details for last
· Identify problem areas and practice them first on a separate sheet
· Use a wet-in-wet treatment for reflections and snow on a winter road
This course includes:
- TWO practice exercises and a full-length video demonstration that you can watch at your own pace, as many times as you like
- Downloadable reference images, so you paint along with me
- A detailed list of materials
- A comments section where you can ask questions and post your finished sketches
- A challenge image, so you can continue practicing what you've learned